Hi Jeff,
$3,500 is the starting price for a custom bike. If/when the Appaloosa goes
into production, it'll cost less. But probably not much less-- IIRC, the
Bombadil is available as a "semi-custom", and runs $3,000. The Bombadil was
billed as "spare-no-expense", whereas the Hunqapillar is the budgeted
version at $2,000.

I'm guessing the tentacular stays add a lot of extra work to the build,
hence $, so more than a Hunqapillar and towards the cost of a Bombadil
(depending on special details). I don't think there will be enough sales
volume for savings from economies of scale (not really characteristic of
Riv bikes, anyway).

Shoji