It's a new experience for us...who are used to people trying to find us and
knowing something about the bikes before they come in. Now we get rare
curiosity seekers who don't know or care what a lug is, and mostly
ask,"what's with the hatchets?", which of course is an excellent question.
I addressed that on a page I taped to the front door window, but not
everybody sees it, and--at least they're in the store. Our 3 day sales have
been $752, $412, and up to 7:30 tonite (we close at 9, but I left 730),
$316...and half is from friends-who-are-local customers already, and
relatives,and the landlord bought two hatchets today (he lives in a
spaceship house in Taos, is a retired carpenter, and needed them...he said).

We're going to start having events, like storytime for kids, how-two for
bike riders, and maybe even some ride, like Learn the Local Trails. It's
pretty clear that we can't just be cocky or even confident based on any
history we have already. This saturday will be interesting, since --
saturday shopper traffic, or something. Anyway....it's been great to see
friends there......

I think there are pix on the BLug, and I'll make more.