Why, as a discerning Rivendell owner, should I not like this bike?  It
comes in a 65cm and it costs $489 for a frame and fork.

Obviously, it's not lugged, but I have other bikes that aren't lugged.
The chain stays are non-ideal at 42cm.  (my Riv has 46cm chainstays!)
The bend on the front fork is not so pretty like on a Riv.
I'm a bit concerned about the top tube being only 61cm in the 65cm size.
 But could probably be compensated for partially with a stem that has more
horizontal run to it, or an offset seatpost, or both.

Other than that, I'm finding it hard not to want to get this frame.  I'm
thinking of culling the herd and buying one.  I have a few bikes that I
don't really use enough to keep that could probably add up to $489 or more.
 I have a lot - a lot! of parts on hand in various areas of a bicycle so
wouldnt need to acquire much.

The plan has been to convert my Riv to 650b but I could just leave it alone
at 700c and buy the Soma to put the 650b stuff on to.

Hmm.

--
Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!