I agree with you, Don, sounds like a great drivetrain for a great bike.

Many (most?) of my bikes have DT shifters, which I think are great.
However, when my custom Riv came available at one of my LBSs for a great
price, I couldn't resist it. It has a 3x10 Campy drivetrain - with carbon
Record brifters. Not what I would have chosen, but admit it all works
really slick. The Silver brakes clear the 32mm GB Cypres and the 45mm
Honjo's just fine.

Cheers,

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-R2rmabfW4NQ/Uoa5EEldaOI/AAAAAAAAACE/s0TTwcQOvy4/s1600/DSC00940.JPG>
Alex