On Friday, November 29, 2013 9:40:30 AM UTC-8, Mike Schiller wrote:

> Hey Hugh,   the Conti Tour Rides in 650B might be a good mixed surface
> tire.  The new 650B Big Ben's are probably going to be too big. Marked a
> 584-50 they probably will be around 45-46 mm wide.

Hugh, I was just getting ready to suggest these tires as I read through the
thread. It's too bad Schwalbe isn't making the Mondial available in 650b.
I've become a big fan of Schwalbe Marathons as they're quite durable and
roll nice enough. Sure, they're sluggish, but so am I. Hell, i used 32mm
Marathons twice on 600k brevets, both of which were in the rain and took in
stretches of road with shoulders that were quite cluttered with debri and
had no issues. I did not want to deal with tire issues or flats in the rain
or at night. certainly don't think the tires held me back.

But since you already have the Fatty Rumpkins, just use those for a while.

--mike