Did you ever have a ride that started so screwed up that you're wondering
wtf I am doing here. Well, my wife and I went  on our club ride, but the
start location's gate was closed. OK no big deal, we'll just drive to the
next parking lot and meet everybody. No dice. Next we park at another lot
in town and meet one of our riding buddies and we're good to go. The rest
of the club parks in another lot. Its  getting late and our friend rides to
the other lot to join the main group. Well, shit happens. My wife's front
wheel is flat. WTF! I fix the flat and we ride and find that our group has
left us behind.
Anyway, it all came to a good ending. We caught up with the club  and they
thought that we had left early and all was well. The real story is that
with all the B.S., the ride in the Ione, ca. was spectacular and coming
home on a gradual, rolling downhill, in  60 degree weather with little or
no wind makes you forget any of the early crap in a ride.We all ended the
ride with giant smiles. Another good ride on the Roadeo.