Actually, what interests me is that aside from a reasonably small subset of
posters (at this time ~17 out of the 2500 on the list), this thread seem to
be more about the _lack_ of complaints regarding the ideals of the
Quickbeam / SimpleOne.  I think that attests to its quality.  The reason
when I saw it first announced in a Reader, it made me think - "that's
it..." (Though I will also admit that the Orange run made it perfect).

Fact is, if my Quickbeam went away, I'd want to replace it exactly.   (Ok,
I think I already mentioned a desire for mid-seatstay braze-ons so I
wouldn't have to p-clamp a small rear rack... )

But, when I ride an Appaloosa and think - "Dang! Upright bars aren't bad
and this pony seems uber-nimble" and want to replace my errand bike (The
Zeus 650B Conversion project) so that I could do a fun loop on the way to
the store, and spin contentedly home. Or, I look at the alluringly robust
Hunqapillar and think - "Mmmm.... you slap the Quickbeam dropouts into that
frame and there's nothing that could possibly rougher, tougher, all-world
rambler..."  It makes me realize my tastes run to the simpler setups, and
it caused me to instigate this conversation thread.

With the developments in knobby 650B/584 tires by the mtb folks, as well as
the adoption of "29er" treads in a 700C/622 size, there are a bunch more
tire options out there. All of which let you dream a bit broader for a v2.0
design.  Let's you think about wider hubs - and I've always wanted a Paul
WORD rear...   Or think bigger - A Pugsley-type 'Beam?  That may be too
much of an outlier ;^) (and I've always wanted a Pug-type bike, but sadly
have no realistic reason to own one here in the middle of CA.)

Thanks for being a part of this conversation so far!  keep the thoughts and
ideas coming.

- Jim / cyclofiend.com / cyclofi...@gmail.com