I just bought this Soma San Marcos for my girlfriend as a xmas present.  I
saw listmember Tony's San Marcos on RAGBRAI this year; they are a beautiful
pearly blue.

This one is a new frame built with refurbed decent components, all for the
price of the frame alone.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/bik/4142655962.html

Her riding is half commuting / half pleasure rides and light touring.  The
San Marcos will handle both of these duties better than her current bike, a
2006 Specialized Dolce.

The Specialized is a decent, light bike.  It's fast, but that's about all
it can do.  No capability for racks or fenders, 26mm tires max.

The San Marcos will get a Brooks, fenders, and a front rack and basket. I'm
thinking the VO Constructeur rack.  It has classic French styling, and it's
under $60.

Tim Gavin
Cedar Rapids, IA