I'm a huge fan of the wool socks made by Chrome. I wear them in the office,
on hikes, and on bikes.  I would say that they are easily at or above the
quality to Smart Wool socks. (Which isn't saying much because Smart Wool
makes some crappy, and some excellent, socks.)  Chrome also offers a free
pair when you buy 2. Great deal.

Filson also makes very good tall socks, not so cheap though.

Kevin
Chicago, IL