On Saturday, December 14, 2013 8:27:27 PM UTC-5, Minh wrote:

> Well there have been some notable changes in manufacturing of those
> frames, whereas the original Atlantis frames were made in Japan (when the
> YEN exchange rate was much more favorable), now you get a frame made in the
> US at Waterford.
>
> Same with the Bombas, the price went up as the person that made them kept
> changing.
>
> Whether that's worth the additional is a personal decision, but there have
> been manufacturing changes.  It's a moot debate anyway, not like you can go
> back in time and buy one of the original ones new today :)

FWIW, the Bomba's were/are a Waterford-build...  the prototype was done at
Toyo, but it wasn't produced there.    Mine, a diagonal one, the main-frame
was done by Waterford, then sent to Mark Nobilette for adding the
curvastays...  that was before it changed over to be listed as a
'semi-custom'.   I think that could be what they do now still, but, I can't
guarantee that; Mark could do the whole thing these days.