I'm weaving flowers into my beard right now and looking for a lugged steel
maypole. Care to join me? From SRAM and the Bike Snob New York:

Doug

*It has recently come to our attention that during last weekend’s
Cyclocross racing in the US, in sub freezing temperatures, several failures
were reported. In these conditions the master cylinder seals failed to hold
pressure resulting in abrupt loss of brake power, and an inability to stop
the bike. These failures are related to product that is outside the
originally stated date code range and unrelated to the original failure
mode. No injuries have been reported to date.*

*As a result of this new finding, SRAM requests that anyone who has a bike
equipped with SRAM Hydraulic Disc or Hydraulic Rim Brakes stop using the
bike immediately. All products shipped to date, and currently in the market
or in inventory will be recalled.*

Upon reading this, retrogrouches around the world wove flowers into their
beards and danced arm-in-arm around the lugged steel maypole, reveling in
the irony that the very conditions in which hydrolic dick breaks are
supposed to excel were instead their undoing.  Meanwhile, the experts at
SRAM have been working around the clock to find a new way to convince
people that you need hydraulic braking for slow bicycle races that last
only 45 minutes to an hour in which you have access to a spare bicycle
roughly every five minutes.

As for the hydraulic rim brakes, all SRAM has to say about that is that if
you actually bought those then the joke's on you.