On 12/20/2013 12:42 AM, Michael wrote:

    Welcome to the wonderland of 650b wheels/tires! My first 650b was
    a Bleriot, too!

I'll save you a lot of time and boil it down for you. I,too, live in a 650b-free LBS zone and have had to forage for tubes.

1. Just get the tubes from rivbike.com or compasscycle.com. It is worth it to just get them. Throw one into each order you make in the future to keep them in stock.

*To save you time in the inevitable search for better tires:*
*This is the state of 650b tires as of 12/20/2013 (as far as I have researched):*
1. Regarded as the fastest and comfortablest 650b tires:
Grand Bois Hetres and Grand Bois Cypress. Sold at compasscycle.com.
Pari-Motos may be a close second, but I hear they have a bad flatting record?

In my experience, the Pari Moto is a fast, comfortable tire. It is considered an "event tire," i.e. made to be fast but not to last very long. The tread is quite thin and will wear out quickly compared to tires with a thicker tread. It's hard to generalize from one person's experience, but my track record with flats with the Pari Moto is quite good, especially for a thin-treaded event tire. Similar tires such as the Parigi-Roubaix and the Cerf Extra Leger had many more flats per mile than the Pari Moto.

The Hutchinson 32mm tires at compasscycle.com may be just as fast, too? Others can chime in. 2. For the most puncture protected 650b tires that are probably still going to fit on a Bleriot:

I'm not sure what you mean by "probably still going to fit on a Bleriot," because Hetres fit on a Bleriot -- as you note.

Schwalbe Marathon HS420, sold at rivbike.com. It is pure overkill, but a delight to ride and not have to worry much after you plow through fields of glass on your rides. I ahev them under Longboard fenders on my Sam Hillborne. I would guess that they would fot on a Bleriot, but haven't tried. The Hetres and Marathons both measure 40.5 on my 650b rims at 55psi, last I checked. So, widthwise, they should work on a Bleriot. But the Marathon may have a taller profile because of its massive tread.

Hetres fit great on my Bleriot under SKS P45 fenders. I have Tektro R559 brakes and also works with Paul Centerpull brakes.