For Sale to a Good Home
Rivendell SimpleOne 60cm.

This is a nice bike that I bought new and have ridden less than two hundred
miles... all with fenders.  I am selling it because I have more bikes than
space (or time to ride).  Seeing all of the Riv Single Speed love around
here lately, I thought now might be a good time to offer.  One issue with
the frame:  The local shop that built this bike for me followed the
instructions included with the Pletscher kickstand and installed the clamp
thing instead of using the perfectly good kickstand plate.  I later removed
the clamp to discover two small dimples on the tops of the chain stays
(grrr).  These do not appear to present a problem, but I took a few
pictures of the stays to try to show them.  If they are an issue for you,
be aware they are there.  Otherwise, (and overall), the bike looks great.
Paint is good.  There is a chip on one of the seat stays (in pictures)...
might be a nick or scratch somewhere I haven’t seen, but the frame looks
nearly new to me (with a little mud splatter).
Here are pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/111008098@N08/sets/72157638995517545/

Feel free to ask any questions, or ask for any specific part to be
photographed.

Right now, the bike is not quite complete (although it is close.  It was
built up and ridden 100 ish miles this past Summer).  It is as pictured...
missing handlebars, stem, pedals, seat.

 Build:
Stock Riv BB/headset/seatpost.  Frame treated with Boeshield as
demonstrated by Riv with BB temporarily removed.
FSA Vero crankset sold by Riv.  175mm arms.  Currently running a Surly 48T
ring plus  USA-made bashguard.  I will include the original FSA 40T  ring
with guard as well.

Brake Cables are Jagwire.  Housings are “maize” color... kind of a flat
gold.  Looks great with the green bike imho.
Brakes: Tektro CR720s. <200mi.
Brake levers: Diacompe GranCompe.  These are the modern ones from VO.  Just
like the ones they currently sell, but these are not drilled (like the
current ones are).

Wheels:  These are a great set.  They came from a QB.  I have put less than
200 miles on them.  Here is a description from the seller who sold them to
me:
Rear wheel is a new 32 H Velocity Synergy rim laced to a Suzue free/free
(only one of its kind ) hub. 120 mm spacing. Hub was recently re-built and
has seen no use since rebuild. Spins smooth
Front wheel is a used 32 H Mavic Open pro rim laced to Ultegra hub. Unknown
mileage, but also spins smooth.
Bike Includes installed SKS silver fenders, and spiffy front Rivendell
mudflap.
Tires:  Light color Schwalbe Deta Cruisers <200mi.

Currently the bike has no handlebars, saddle, bottle holder, pedals, or
stem,  (brake levers are dangling).   On this list, I assume people have an
idea of what they want... so maybe I can help get you what you need.  Here
are some possibilities.

1.  I could sell it as it came from Riv as F/F/BB/HS/SP.- $675+shipping
OBO.  If you want, add the FSA 175mm crankset (as attached) for another
$50.
2.   I could sell it as-is... largely complete with drivetrain, wheels,
brakes, fenders, dangling DiaCompe levers, NO stem, bars, saddle, pedals.
-$950+shipping OBO.
3.  If you want a complete bike, we could probably work something out.  I
have some Albas, and FL750s, and a nearly new B17.
4.  Make me an offer for what you want.

I am willing to drive 100ish miles (from central Ohio) to meet or deliver
the bike... or I will box and ship.  Note that boxing and assembling or
disassembling will take a few days.  I could probably ship Saturday.  Also
note: shipping just the F/F/BB/HS/SP is probably the best deal.  It is
likely a LOT cheaper than the whole bike (especially if you are on the West
coast).  That said, I can pack and ship the whole thing.  Thanks for
reading!