On 12/29/2013 09:00 PM, Capital T wrote:
I hear that people who drive cars have this experience they call a driveway moment where they get home and the story on the radio is so good they sit in the car to finish listening.

That's exactly what happened to me the first time I heard _Kind of Blue_. It was a show on NPR -- I think this very show <http://www.npr.org/2011/01/04/10862796/miles-davis-kind-of-blue> from 2001 and two bars into So What <http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=10862796&m=11303601> I was hooked. Fixed in place.

It's still hard for me to believe I'd never heard it -- indeed, never heard of it -- before, although the record had been released when I was in high school, 42 years before, and had long been a universally acknowledged masterpiece and the best selling jazz record of all time.