On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:37:08 AM UTC-6, Shoji Takahashi wrote:

> A few more pics on the Blug:
> http://rivbike.tumblr.com/post/74111526410/riv-chica-warriors-frame
>
> On the Blug:  Goodness, what a pleasure to read and see more pictures.
Glad to know I'm not perceived as a pest as I know it was a true challenge
to design.  As Grant put it to me, it was like trying to fit four balls
into  three-anda-half holes.  What an outa-the-ballpark hit, eh?  I'm still
astounded!  Every picture just gets better! (And thanks to Keven for
talking about his Appaloosa and for saying, "Stick with saying you want 55
tires; Grant can do it.")

On the not-a-mixte point:  I am a fan of mixtes to be sure, but being a
died-in-the-wool (where did that expression come from anyway?) tomboy all
my life, I just couldn't do it.  Hats off to all the mixte-riding men out
there (in addition to the women).

On the color scheme:  as I've previously written, it'll be a beautiful warm
green (matched to my 1940-era BSA wool shirt) that had input from all the
present Rivsters when I was out in March.  We looked at color chips in nice
bright sun and I'm trusting Mark and JB to dial it in.  And, as per Grant,
"any color headtube as long as it's cream."  I also elected to have a
"fancy" paint job meaning cream accents in nice luggy places.  As a side
note, my protobleriot is a sandblasted clearcoat and is beautiful; I've
just always wanted this color of a bike.

You can be sure that I will keep y'all posted with posts.