That's a big range of temps. At 45, nothing is different, but you knew
that. I haven't spent a lot of time biking in sub-zero weather, but what I
have found is that grease in hubs, bb's, and headset can get very stiff and
make it hard to pedal/roll. If you're going to spend much time in that
temp, switch to a very light grease. I think the Iditabikers even just use
oil for those bearing surfaces.

happy trails
jim m
wc ca