Hugh

Joe didn't say there was anything wrong with Brian's post either.  He just
said that some WTB posts made him queasy.  He said he worried that we as a
group might damage Rivs bottom line if it happened way too much.  I think
this has been a perfectly fine exchange of ideas.  I always imagine these
threads happening at the pub over a few pints.  I imagine every one of you
typing with a smile on your face.  I hope you imagine the same of me,
because I always do have a smile on my face.  This is an extremely fun
group, even when we disagree. I don't think that's a storm of absurdity.

Personally, I had no problem with Brian wanting to innocently check the
group for the bag he wanted before laying out huge dollars on a new one.  I
replied to his post about how psyched I was to install my bag, because I
was overflowing with excitement for installing my bag.  I hope Brian didn't
think I was passively-aggressively and (dirtiest of all dirty words)
"smugly" bullying him into paying full-price.  I wasn't preaching, I was
just giddy.  I hope I didn't offend.