Correct-- angle between seat tube and the ground (i.e., 90 degrees is
vertical, and the Trek has a closer to vertical seat post than the San
Marcos).

The bigger angle BY ITSELF would bring the rider closer to the handlebars,
BUT the rider would [generally] move the saddle backward to get a more
comfortable position to the bottom bracket.

Here's some from Grant: http://www.rivbike.com/kb_results.asp?ID=73

And then, as Patrick points out, there's handle bar height to further
complicate the geometry.

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:24:21 PM UTC-5, Anne Paulson wrote:

> Hang on a sec. The seat tube angle is the angle from seat tube to ground,
> right? So a bigger angle should move the saddle forward and make reach
> shorter, right? Seems like it would unweight the rear wheel, though.
>

> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Shoji Takahashi
> <shoji.t...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Anne,
>> The 51cm Soma San Marcos has a 55-cm effective top tube. With seat tube
>> angle of 71.5 degrees. (The 47cm San Marcos has 53.5-cm effective top tube
>> with seat tube angle of 71.5 degrees.)
>>
>> The 47cm Trek Domane has a 50.9-cm effective top tube. However, the seat
>> tube angle is 74.6 degrees!
>>
>> Assuming the rider would ride with the same saddle-to-bottom-bracket
>> position, the steeper seat tube angle would have a longer reach. In other
>> words, the 50.9-cm effective top tube of the 47cm Trek may actually feel to
>> a rider like a much longer reach than on a slacker seat-tube angle bike.
>>
>> Confused? Just [Test] Ride!
>>
>> Maybe there's a small Rambouillet in the Riv Attic? I think the smaller
>> sizes had 26" wheels.
>>
>> --shoji
>>
>> On Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:37:59 PM UTC-5, Anne Paulson wrote:
>>
>>> I'm confused. The Riv chart says the Soma San Marcos has a 55 cm top
>>> tube for a 51 cm frame. Is that the actual top tube length c-c and
>>> effective top tube is shorter? I'm trying to compare this bike:
>>>
>>> http://www.trekbikes.com/int/en/bikes/road/endurance_race/
>>> domane_4_series/domane_4_3_wsd#/int/en/model/fit_sizing?