Though she would probably have more fun with a different bike, I hope she
enjoys this one more than whatever she has been riding.
Being only 5'2" she likely doesn't weigh very much so 25 or 28 tires should
be more reasonable than they are for the average adult male. Particularly
if she doesn't get carried away inflating them. Also I think that bike has
a 34t small ring, rather than the 39t that is more typical for race bikes.
If/when she finds the low gear too tall she can swap the rd and cassette to
get a 34t big cog for a ~26" low gear, which is fairly low. Even just
having a 27t cog would get her a 33" gear which really isn't too bad.