Jan has addressed this issue many times over the years. He has certainly
put the miles on metal-fendered bikes, on dirt as well as on pavement.

Me, I'd use metal on my road bikes if my fenders stayed on year 'round, but
here in 5"-a-year westside ABQ, I install only for the monsoon and thus
like plastic ones because they are so easy to remove.

Aside: I generally abbreviate my rear fenders to obviate the hassle
occurring when the full rear mediates contact between rear tire and
interior of small hatchback. This also means, no rear struts. I hope to
have my bro braze a threaded post onto the underside of the rack to replace
the zip tie I used last year.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Will <waller.will...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. But the day they don't do fine... Is a bad one. Is a very expensive
> one too.
>
> Been there.
>
> Will
>
> On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:51:12 PM UTC-6, Peter M wrote:
>>
>> I love metal fenders, personally. I know they are  "less safe"  but they
>> did fine for over 100 years on millions of bikes.
>> On Feb 11, 2014 5:47 PM, "Ron Mc" <bulld...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I love my Honjo fenders and coverage is great
>>>

>>> <http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/700c/aP1170017.jpg>
>>> I believe they're as long as longboards.

>>>  --
>>>
>>  --

Albuquerque, NM, USA

Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and letters that get interviews.
Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/