I put constructeur front and rear racks on my Windsor.  I think they are
great, but I did attach the rear to the metal fenders.  It was a very time
consuming install, but I love the result.  It's never going to come off,
now that it's on.  The R14 is wildly more adjustable and is a far more
versatile product.  I have the R-14 on my Bombadil, but have run that rack
on 3 different bikes.