Man, so much good reading on this thread!

Like others have said, I ride all my bikes on the same trails. The big
difference is speed. With my front suspended 29er, I can go faster and feel
less beat up at the end of the day. With my single speed Quickbeam and 35mm
slicks, I'm picking and choosing the line a lot more gingerly and my arms
ache at the end of the downhills.

I think a Hunq w/ fat knobbies would be a fine bike to learn on. Just slow
it down, scoot your but off the back of the seat, loosen up the arms and
legs, and drag that rear brake!

Cheers,
David

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal