Heck, I have  speeds on the commuter/light tourer and am building and
adventure tourer (on the probably ill-conceived notion I will actually have
time to use it) around the Jeff Jones Bike modified 6 speed cassette.

Not sure if Jeff plans on making more of these cassettes.  Jeff modified
regular Shimano XTR cassettes so they work on single speed hubs providing
for a lower dish wheel.  Meant for 1x set ups, the six speeds are a good
range for off road and loaded touring.