> The more I think about it, the more I want to just do all new parts.
>

> I am not looking to go ultra nice. Just functional and affordable - but
> new stuff.

I don't like the compact crankset drivetrain that came on my 55 Bleriot. I
like having a triple with 11-32. I like the Sugino setup on my Sam.

There is a Soma dealer near my house, and they sell San Marcos, etc. So I
feel like they would be good at doing Rivish builds.
I may do all or part of a build as the wallet allows.
I am going to price some stuff up with them and see what happens.

Wheels are the conundrum for me. Wheels are really expensive.
I would like to try A23 rims, as they are purported to make 650b bead
seating a cinch.