Laws to protect cyclists are great, but what good are laws if they are not
enforced? I live in southwest Virginia. Here is a sample of my commute to
work, about exactly 1 year ago.

http://youtu.be/R0yp4zrb3QY

Not only is this illegal, but I consider it to be harassment.  This is not
the only time I have been harassed by "law enforcement", but it is the only
one I have evidence of.

I did report this to his superiors and was assured it would be taken care
of.  No idea what happened, because it was a "personnel issue".

I have been hit twice by motorists in hit and runs, one reported to the
Virginia State Police, and the other reported to the Bristol Virginia
Police.  Each officer politely took my report, but not only were no charges
filed, they never even attempted to contact the drivers much less charge
them.