On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:31:25 PM UTC-7, Evan Baird wrote:

> Overall not a bad looking build. I can't get into the mini-v brakes though.

Why not? when I had a cross bike with Campy ergo shifter and tried using a
pair of NOS Suntour XC Pro canti brakes with it the results were
awful.  Could never get them to work properly. I tried KS salmon pads, and
adjusted it for what seemed like forever. All I got was brake squeal and/or
shudder. Terrible.

On advice of a friend, I put on a cheapie Tektro 926al mini-v brake in the
front  and wham - it was like night and day! The brake stop perfectly with
no squeal or shudder. And this was with the stock black pads that came with
the brake. Also, had no problem working with the Campy ergo lever.

Now, some could argue that what I really needed was a fork mounted brake
cable hanger instead of the one that hanged off the top of the headset.
That may be true, but at that time I didn't know about this hanger, so the
mini-v was the solution. At about $20 (or less if you go on the internet),
it was well worth the cost and far superior to the lousy Suntour canti
brake.

Of course, YMMV....Good Luck!