Hello,

I am using Python 2.5 and R 2.5.1 on windows XP.

>From Python, I am trying to save an object using the following code.  df_tree
>is a randomForest object from the R packages.

path="C:\\Documents and Settings\\dmontgomery\\My Documents\\iris_data"
psave="save(df_tree.rf,file=\"" + path + "\\" + "df_tree.rdata" + "\")"
r.EvaluateNoReturn(psave)

However, the file is not saved where it is supposed to be.  Instead, the file
is saved in the c:\windows\system32 directory as

"Documents and SettingsdmontgomeryMy Documentsiris_datadf_tree.rdata"

What am I doing wrong?  I tried using just a "\" rather than "\\" as well.  So,
what is the proper way to save an object?

Thanks,

David