-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Erich
Neuwirth
Sent: 22 April 2008 08:50
To: R (D)COM and RExcel server related issues
Subject: Re: [Rcom-l] Unable to change R Server Config

It is probably best to uninstall everything.

The Control Panel item
Add or Remove Programs should have an item
R/Scilab (D)COM server and RExcel1.75 (or similar)
This should allow you to uninstall.

otherwise, you should do it manually with the following command line
C:\Program Files\R\(D)COM Server\bin\StatConnectorSrv.exe /UnRegServer
(possibly you have to use a different path)

I will roll a new package RAndFriends later today which then will take
care of installing a complete working system. Today R 2.7.0 will be
released, and once that is out I will create a new RAndFriends.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Erich,
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I have a couple of questions though. Apologies if they seem stupid.
>
> 1) Do you mean install RSrv250_pl2.exe on top of the Rpackage version of
> RExcel or  RSrv250_pl1.exe or uninstall all components and install
> RSrv250_pl2.exe stand alone?
>
> 2) Ive tried searching for how to unregister the (D)COM server but with no
> luck. How do you do this?
>
> Regards
>
> Wayne

Erich Neuwirth, University of Vienna
Faculty of Computer Science
Computer Supported Didactics Working Group
Visit our SunSITE at http://sunsite.univie.ac.at
Phone: +43-1-4277-39464 Fax: +43-1-4277-39459