Just to make things clear,
the problem happens with RAndFriends because the (D)COM installer
is included with RAndFriends. Therefore Thomas' solution will propagate to
RAndFriends as quickly as possible.

On Apr 25, 2008, at 12:04 PM, Thomas Baier wrote:

Wayne,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
Yes Erich problem only occurs on Vista, RandFriends works fine on XP.
This error message would not matter if it was only to be used for my own purposes. However, here at Shell we use RandFriends to deploy applications to different people across the business. Most users have lockdown PCs which can only install software that has been scripted by Shell IT. Hence I intend to send a vista compliant version of RandFriends to Shell IT for scripting ready for Shell's move to Vista. We currently have an older version of RandFriends which works fine with our current windows 2000 operating system.
Your help is very muuch appreciated.

The problem lies within the installer and the way how the installer registers the type libraries and DLLs.

This is a known problem (on Vista) for the time being and will be resolved in the next release of R/Scilab (D)COM Server.

I'm quite sure, this will also resolve the problem for future RAndFriends installers.

Please let us know a bit more about when you plan to use this installer in your company so we can prepare a new installer in advance to solve your problem.

Thomas