I think that you are perhaps doing too much work.
The rule is that RExcel2007.xlam is installed in XL2007 and Rexcel.xla in XL2002 and XL2003.

Application.Version
will tell you which version of Excel is running the macros.
10.0 2002. 11.0 is 2003, 12.0 is 2007.
That should be sufficient for your purposes.

The registry has a key
HKLM\Software\RExcelTeam\InstallPath

which will tell you where RExcel is installed.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi fellow RExcel users, In a similar vain to the thread for detecting if RExcel is installed I thought I would share some simple VBA code. We have an RExcel application which will be in use by several different versions of Excel (2000,2003,2007) and thus RExcel. Rather than write different versions of the Excel application I am trying to write one version which detects what version of RExcel is installed and handles this in the appropriate manner. The RExcel VBA project reference differs in Excel 2007 to other versions. Hence by running the VBA procedure "AddRExcelRefbyVersion" below the code looks to see what version of Rexcel is installed and adds the appropriate reference. Warning: The code assumes that add-ins are installed in:
RExcel2007.xlam is located "C:\Program Files\RExcel\xls\RExcel2007.xlam"

RExcel.xla is located "C:\Program Files\R\(D)COM Server\xls\RExcel.xla"

Regards,

Wayne

'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
Sub AddRExcelRefbyVersion()

Call RemoveBrokenRefs

On Error GoTo ErrHandler:

If AddinAvailable("RExcel2007.xlam") Then
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.References.AddFromFile "C:\Program
Files\RExcel\xls\RExcel2007.xlam"
End If

If AddinAvailable("RExcel.xla") Then
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.References.AddFromFile "C:\Program Files\R\(D)COM
Server\xls\RExcel.xla"
End If

Exit Sub

ErrHandler:

Select Case Err.Number
    Case Is = 32813
         'MsgBox "Ref already exists" hence do nothing!
    Case Else
         'An unknown error was encountered, so alert the user
        MsgBox "A problem was encountered trying to" & vbNewLine _
        & "add or remove a reference in this file" & vbNewLine & "Please check the
" _
        & "references in your VBA project!", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "Error!"
    End Select

End Sub

'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
Sub RemoveBrokenRefs()

Dim theRef As Variant
Dim i As Integer

For i = ThisWorkbook.VBProject.References.Count To 1 Step -1
Set theRef = ThisWorkbook.VBProject.References.Item(i) If theRef.IsBroken = True Then
        ThisWorkbook.VBProject.References.Remove theRef
        End If
Next i

End Sub

'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
Function AddinAvailable(aiName As String) As Boolean

Dim result As Boolean
Dim ai As Object

result = False For Each ai In Application.AddIns If ai.Name = aiName Then
             result = True
         End If
If result Then Exit For
     Next ai