I have never seen this.
Please tell us Windows and Excel versions.
By the way:
The right way to install is using the package
RExcelInstaller
on CRAN

On Aug 10, 2008, at 10:50 PM, Andrew McLachlan wrote:

Hi All

I have just downloaded the latest version of RExcel.
http://rcom.univie.ac.at/download/RExcel.distro/RExcelInst3.0.1.exe
When I ran this file, RExcel appeared to install, but a message box
popped up:
The title of the messagebox was "Microsoft Visual Basic"
The content was just the number "400", with two buttons [OK] and
[Help].
The Critical Message icon (vbCritical) was displayed.

Does this come from RExcel? I have occasionally seen the message before
when starting Excel, but cannot find the MsgBox code that produces it
either in RExcel or in my own add-ins.

Any suggestions or help in tracking down this cryptic messagebox would
be most appreciated.

Cheers, Andrew Mc

Andrew McLachlan, Biometrician
Crop & Food Research, Palmerston North, New Zealand.
Tel +64-6-356-8300,  +64-6-355-6110 (DDI)

Visit our website at http://www.crop.cri.nz
CAUTION: The information contained in this email is privileged
and confidential.  If you read this message and you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of all or part of the
contents is prohibited. If you receive this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately.

Any opinions or views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender and may not represent those of their employer.

Erich Neuwirth
Didactic Center for Computer Science and Institute for Scientiic Computing
University of Vienna