Lynne,

Irvine, Lynne schrieb:
Dear Thomas,
Thanks for the speedy reply, your help is much appreciated. What I would like to do is to set up a mechanism for dynamically displaying graphs created using R, from data held in an Oracle database. I am using VB.NET to build the application. So far, I have not made much progress, I have built a test application which attempts to use the R(D)Com Server to display a graph on a web page. I looked on the web for example code for the test, and came up with the following: Dim xconnector As STATCONNECTORSRVLib.StatConnector
        xconnector = New STATCONNECTORSRVLib.StatConnector
        xconnector.Init("R")
        Dim mygfx As New StatConnectorGraphicsDevice

this line should be the problem. You're creating a graphics device but this device is never shown. Do not create mygfx using New but drop it on a form. Or otherwise, add mygfx to some form (or whatever).

        xconnector.AddGraphicsDevice("mygfx", mygfx.GetGFX())
        xconnector.EvaluateNoReturn("plot(sin(1:100))")
        xconnector.RemoveGraphicsDevice("mygfx")
        xconnector.Close()

The rest of the code looks fine.

When I run the test, there are no errors reported but no graph displayed either. Any ideas on where I am going wrong?

Hope this helps

Thomas