Hello everyone,

I am currently in the process of trying to utilise C++ via Rcpp, RcppEigen, and
RcppArmadillo in a package for the first time. I am experiencing the following
on running devtools::check() with the package:

checking compiled code ... WARNING
File ‘check/libs/check.so’:
  Found ‘___assert_rtn’, possibly from ‘assert’ (C)
    Object: ‘RcppExports.o’

I found a similar problem previously discussed (here:
http://rcpp-devel.r-forge.r-project.narkive.com/yc1h8bf6/rcppeigen-package-skeleton-r-cmd-check-warning)
 some time ago although, in this case, it seemed to be system specific. Based
on the comments, I created a minimal reproducible example (here:
https://github.com/jasonserviss/check) and automated the build with TravisCI
(build report here: https://travis-ci.org/jasonserviss/check/builds/391685256).

I have noticed two things:

1) there are 2 functions in the package, function “a" and function “b”, if I
remove function “b” I no longer receive the warning. Despite this, there
wouldn’t, to my eyes, seem to be anything extremely unusual about function “b”.

2) If I remove RcppArmadillo from the LinkingTo section in the DESCRIPTION file
I, again, no longer receive the warning. I am aware of the fact that, in the
example, there is no need to link to RcppArmadillo although, in the real use
case, there is.

Id be very appreciative if anyone here could help me get an understanding for
this warning and how it can be resolved!

Kind Regards,
Jason Serviss