On 31 October 2022 at 11:01, Kevin Ushey wrote:
| For posterity, what machine are you compiling the package on? If you're
| using a modern Linux system, it's possible the default compilation flags
| are including stack protection code during compilation that might call
| abort on error. See e.g.

https://developers.redhat.com/articles/2022/06/02/use-compiler-flags-stack-protection-gcc-and-clang

Not to get into distro wars ... but over here where I build I had the benefit
of kernel and compiler savvy people setting up defaults for many years now.

Without ever creating a single issue for my (rather frequent) R package
checking. All this is just to say that Debian and Ubuntu have treated me well.

| It might be useful if you could share your package / the code used when
| compiling the C++ code in your package.

Indeed. It generally never hurts to let other people have a peek.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org