From: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rctankcom...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Steve Tyng
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 10:40 AM
To: R/C Tank Combat
Subject: [TANKS] Re: smallest tank

The Vickers-Carden-Lloyd Model 1937 tank looks pretty small to me and
is a real production tank (turret, tracks, and a cannon).

   http://www.museum-tank.ru/IIwar/tables2A/va.html

http://www.jedsite.info/tanks-victor/victor/vickers-light_series/light-t
ank-m1937/m1937-intro.html

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/GreatBritain/GB-LightTankModel1937.jp
   http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563763772kJhppu

The specs are:

   Issue of 1937
   Weight 4.2 tons
   Engine 6cyl 90hp
   Max. speed of 48 km/h (30mph)
   Armor 7-9mm
   Armament 40mm cannon (British 2pdr)
   Ammunition - 58 shots
   2 person crew.
   Length: 11', 10.75"
   Width: 6' 2.25"
   Height 6' 2"

In 1:6 scale this tank would be just shy of 2' long and be 12.34"
wide.  Under our rule set this tank would get a 30 round magazine, 2
hits for a kill, frontal hits will not count.

Here's and interesting pdf on the British light tanks/tankettes

   http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_British_Light_Medium_Tanks.pdf

Steve Tyng

The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments are
confidential, possibly privileged and intended
for the addressee(s) only. Only the addressee(s) may read, disseminate, retain
or otherwise use this message. If
received in error, please immediately inform the sender and then delete this
message without disclosing its contents
to anyone.