Phil,
I did what most of us have done, 1/35th model, and scaled it up.
I did cheat using turbocad, to make most of the large panels, printed
them out and then cut them with a jigsaw, and then making the other
panels to fit as I went.
The fun part will be working suspension, ie using the suspension to
elevate the gun to fire, (there has to be some realism).
My intention is to set the inner suspension arms against each other,
then set the front and rear together but set them up to move against
each other under control, but time will tell.

Pete