Hi Chrys

I dont think its a good idea to deflate the tire to much as the tire can get
"balloon shaped" wich those
specific ones I am using are not design to do.  It will more likely give
opportunity to "unrim" the wheel
assembly.  But I agree that ATV use low pressure balloon tire and that it give
them some grip and
suspension, and they are filled with foam to avoid them to "unrim" with so low
air pressure, as the foam
help keeping the shape of the tire.

For the traction, up here in Quebec we have lot of snow right now.  The tire
dig-in the snow very well
to go reach a hard buttom to get traction to.  Of course it happend that there
is to much snow and
the Recon stop progressing even if the 6 wheels are spinning, but evey time it
happened, just going
in reverse got it moving back.  A litle bit of spinning is very good to have
him unstuck.  We have to
remeber the scale effect, the Recon pass in snow up to six inches, wich
represent 3 feets up
to scale 1/6, I think I can be please with that.

Greg.

From: xchr...@otenet.grto: rctankcom...@googlegroups.comsubject: [TANKS] Re:
your recon vehicleDate: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:23:36 +0200

Greg,
Can you tell if the vehicle runs better when there is  air inside the tyres or
when they're "flat"?  I emptied the tyres flat in my Daimler-in-progress,
hoping there'll be more traction, better suspension to shocks and because I
have seen all large RC buggies and monster tracks' wheels . they contain no
more than foam inside the tyres.
Still  looking gorgeous though. I love improvised metalworks. With very minor
adaptions or none, - or with flexible judges- you could apply for a designation
number and pass it as a Greyhound. It's got these same sloping fenders.
Chrys