Well, ladies and gentlemen (and Neil), I bit the bullet and bought
some Intralox belting and sprockets - expensive but worth it. So,
armed with my purchase I nipped in to see Neil on my way home. He
liked my new tracks and has agreed that, since I have now got wheels,
suspension and tracks ready for installation, we should make a serious
effort to get the Valentine completed.
I agreed and booked a couple of days off from work. With luck, next
thursday and friday will see a flurry of construction and who knows,
maybe a mobile tank.

Check here http://pureteenlard.blog.co.uk/ to see how things go.