I started with buying a 1/35 scale model of my tank.  Then I took all of the
measurements from it, scaled them up to 1/6 scale, and cut the pieces out of
wood.  I know there are formulas to do the scaling up, but the way I did it
was to multiply all measurements by 35 (since my model was 1/35 scale)
which gives you the full size measurement and divide the result by 6 (giving
you 1/6 scale).  Whatever material you decide to work with depends on your
skills (wood, Plexiglas, metal, etc.).  If you don't have access to tools
for woodworking or metal working via friends or family, building a tank is
going to be a daunting task.  A general question about where to start is
going to yield vague answers since it's a vague question.  First place to
start is to decide what you want to build.  In the rules of the game, the
bigger guns and heavily armored vehicles get to hold the most paintballs and
take the most hits.  If that doesn't matter to you then build what ever
vehicle you want.  There are research sites like www.onwar.com that has
listings of tanks of WWII with their gun sizes and armor thicknesses.
Search  "tanks of WWII" on Google and if you see design that makes you want
to build it, do some research on it as to what armor rating it would have
and how many paintballs it could hold in the game.  I choose the Sturmtiger
because it had very straight lines, but that doesn't mean that it's not hard
to get all of the angles correct.  Rounded turrets and such are hard to
construct depending on your skills.  I don't know what your skill level is
to recommend something to build.  Tanks envoke an emotional response from
people.  A tank I think is cool looking could not be so cool to someone
else.

Derek
T065