In a message dated 10/3/2009 12:30:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kamd...@gmail.com writes:

What would be a good motor set for a beginner?  I would like to  know the
price?
I would also would like to know where to find  them?

i think part of that would depend on your building skills.

you could spend a few extra dollars and buy a set of motors that  are
geared down all ready and just have to be bolted down into your tank.

or if you think that is too much, you could buy just a set of  reversible
scooter motors and build your own set of trany's either using  belts/pulleys
or chain/sprockets. (but this may be as much if not more costly as  just
buying the geared motors)

i think a few have even used angled drill's and just chucking them onto the
 drive axles.

then there are the kiddy car motor and gear set-ups. (have heard they are
pretty slow)

i can't think of any other types of motor arrangements to choose  from.

if you can find them at a affordable price, i'd say go with the geared
motors like the M-01's (or what ever some of these guys in here use) as it's
one  less thing to fiddle with in your first build

Chris,
_Odyssey  Slipways_ (http://hometown.aol.com/odysseyslipways/index.html)