Frank,

 My speed controller is rated at 24v, 25amps x 2 i.e. two motors both
able to draw a maximum continuous current of up to 25amps. Currently
I'm using 12v motors drawing, roughly 15 amps so my speed controller
is comfortably within tolerances. I'm wondering what will happen if I
over-volt my motors to 18v - still comfortable for my ESC. The motors
have ducted cooling fans and the ESC has it's own cooling fan too.