$1 hamburgers? Mebe I have been living in Florida too long. I stil pay
89 cents :D

Chaffee is a nice idea. www.the-blueprints.com has some nice drawings
that you can use for reference.

What about using aluminum channel and plywood? You can beef it up with
bondo and fibreglass cloth - or what ever is available in NZ.

One of these days I will make good on my threats to have one of my
tanks mobile and able to fire ...

- Martin