That's probably not the norm for laser cutting prices.
This laser cutting shop was put on to me from the person doing some lathing
for me.

Looked around for a while and was going to go somewhere else and pay more
(close to double) but was thankfully informed of this mob.

 Usually others wanted 80 - 100 dollars minimum, these guys wanted 50
dollars for a minimum and their turnaround is usually between 2-5 days.
 Being local is also a bonus, funny thing is the dxf files get sent
interstate and then get done locally.
Their philosophy is if they take the small jobs they hopefully will get the
big jobs as well. These prices are probably going to be hard to beat.