  From: George Mastoras
  To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:27 AM
  Subject: Re: [TANKS] Re: 1:6 all up weight?

  Thanks Chrys, here is the link.

  http://banebots.com/pc/MOTOR-BRUSH/M4-R0062-12

  I did a modification to these motors as I was planning on running them at 24
volts and these already spin twice as fast as a scooter motor at 12 volts.
  I opened them up, replaced the 2 bushes with ball bearings and inserted a
thin washer to tighten up the assembly a little.
  I made a face plate to join them with the head of an angle grinder, the end
result was a No load Amp rating of about 1.5 with the first stage reduction
included so was really happy with that result, the data states 2.7 out of the
box.

  You do need a bigger reduction than normal with these, that's why I had to go
to the pain of making a 3 stage transmission.
  They are similar in size to 100- 125 watt scooter motors

  George