Clark,

I'm using the stock 42 pitch 9 tooth sprocket that come on the motor mated
to a
41 pitch 9 tooth sprocket on the drive so no reduction (41 pitch drive
chain).
The 350W motors in the Sturmtiger produce enough torque to power it up a 30
degree incline so the I didn't reduce the gearing on the 450W motors in the
KV-2
even though it's heavier.  I figured there was enough power there.  There
isn't
another hole in the front side of the mounts because I was going to mount
each
of the Victor 883 speed controllers and fuses to the front of the motor
mount.
That means the motor boxes will be self contained with the motor, speed
controller,
and fuse as one removable module.  To give the fans somewhere to exit the
hot air,
I was going to cut a hole in the plate above the motor boxes.  I have yet to
cut the
holes because I wanted to mount all the R/C gear and wiring on that plate.
If you
look at the KV back deck there are two large round armored air cleaners.  I
plan
on mounting two exit fans in those locations on the motor cover.  The fans
will be
mounted to the motor cover somewhat raised to meet the bottom of the back
deck
so I can hinge the back deck with no worries of wires getting in the way.
The motor
box tensioners are located at the rear of the motors and push them forward
to tension
the drive chains.  As it stands now, all I have to do is disconnect the
drive chains and
the motor boxes slide out toward the front of the tank and they can be
removed.
There is enough space between the drivetrain and the turret rotate to pull
them out.
I think I have decided to mount both batteries in the compartment forward of
the turret.
I'm at the point where I also need track and after taking one of the
Sturmtiger tracks off
for a test fit, I don't even have enough track for it if I steal those
tracks.  They are about
18" longer than the Sturmtiger tracks.  I'm working on getting more track
though.  BTW,
the outdrives are 5/8" shafts running through go-kart bearing assemblies.
The bearing
assemblies are about 3" long and mounted through the hull.  There is a 5/8"
bearing on
each end of the assembly and the length provides enough support for the
drive shaft.

Derek
T065