"Personally", I would avoid any tanks that have an interleaved suspension
like the Tiger or the Panther.  They add complications that you don't need
if you are going to be somewhat true to scale.  I think the Cromwell is
actually a very nice, easy design to start with.  Maybe that's why Steve
chose it....just kidding Steve. :)  The KV-1 is also a good one that has
fairly easy lines.  You can also take some liberty with the design and
eliminate the curve on the rear hull.  I eliminated the slight slope in the
rear deck just because I got a little lazy on the KV-2.

Derek
T065
SV016
KV-2 on hold