Due to various mechanical shortcomings SV012 needed and upgrade and,
although I'm sure Neil never thought I was doing anything, I have
upgraded it.

It's not as pretty as I'd like and, perhaps, after field trials we can
modify it to reduce it's somewhat cartoonish proportions. As you can
see, from the top it looks quite good. It's new olive drab paintwork a
HUGE improvement over the old metalic green livery.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/pureteenlard/SV012/SV012_top.jpg?t=1281647746

Underneath, you can see how the Motor On Axle (MOA) running gear
works. The transmission, motors and steering are all fitted to the
axles and the only connections to the chassis are the suspension pick
ups points, the motor power leads and the servo cable. Suspension is
by leaf springs - currently un-damped . . .

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/pureteenlard/SV012/SV012_bottom.jpg?t=1281647746

A front view shows the steering servo well.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/pureteenlard/SV012/SV012_front.jpg?t=1281647746

Finally, the side view shows how ludicrously jacked up the thing is!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/pureteenlard/SV012/SV012_side.jpg?t=1281647746

Wheels and axles are RC Rock Crawler items and a lot more scale-like
in appearance than most RC buggy or truck items.