I used a section from a carbon fibre fishing pole and have found that
it doesn't affect the accuracy in any way.
My marker's barrel is an after market one with vents;

http://paintballsolutionz.com/store/images/Proto%202%20Piece%20Paintball%20Barrel.jpg

I don't know if the vents make a difference when shrouded in carbon
fibre but at 15 - 20 yards it places rounds into a 2" circle with
annoying consistency.