Thank you Pete ,I`ve now got 8 of them on their way to me ..

Im NOT building a torsion bar suspension system , 1 inch or
otherwise ..

I did want to know if a one inch bright mild steel bar was considered
big enough ( or overkill ) to be used as a tension axle in a tank with
a fully loaded weight of 300-400 pounds ?
Id like to use 20mm bright bar instead of 1" as bearings double in
price at any size over 20mm.

Neil R