Thank you for the kind words. I compress the springs using channel
locks(tounge and groove pliars) and simply pull them off one side at a
time.
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx165/cobra9431/0091.jpg
By compressing these 2 points together, the idler wheel gives enough
slack to slip the track off with ease. Nice thing about this track is
that since getting the correct spring tension, it has yet to throw.
knock on wood * :)
Do you plan on using a suspension system? If not then there would
probably be no advantage in a idler like mine. But I would think an
independent idler wheel for tension would be best for any set up using
a suspension system. Otherwise any time one track's suspension is
stressed on one side, and the other not, then one might have problems
with alignment at that wheel and/or improper tension distribution.
Perhaps real life operation is not a drastic as I imagine it, but I
plan on navigating gnarly terrain.
I would not be offended if you did not use the idler concept for your
own as at 1:3 you might need a set of uber sized chennel locks, but
the design is for any and all to use and abuse as wished.

Aaron F
T076
SCAB